* Use X Manager / other X window utility to access the remote server
- export DISPLAY=<IP of client machine>:0.0
- Check the remote access using utilities like xclock, xhost
* Connect to the OBIEE server and run the setup.sh file from the extracted OBIEE location.
* OBIEE Installation wizard will be activated and it continues as below and Press “Next >”
* Provide the OBIEE BI and OBIEE BI Data folder location (which been created in Pre-Installation procedure) and Select the “Basic” mode of installation type.
* Select the “Complete” as installation setup type.
* Select the JDK location and provider OC4J administrator password.
- Ensure JDK is greater than 1.5 (64 bit)
- No need to work on OC4J level configuration, as we are moving the EAR/ WAR from Oc4J to Weblogic. Only this password (OC4J) is need for the alternative approach to Weblogic.
* Click on “Next >” on the continuing screens:
* On Installation success screen, click on “Next >” on for continuing:
* By default in Basic mode, OC4J (Oracle Container for J2EE) will be started.